According to Wikipedia, sex-positivity is “an attitude towards human sexuality that regards all consensual sexual activities as fundamentally healthy and pleasurable, and encourages sexual pleasure and experimentation”.
Whilst there are many factors that can dampen your sex life, it’s also important to remind ourselves that the glass can be half-full too.
So, in the spirit of sex-positivity, let’s take a look at some of the documented positive benefits of sex:
- Physical and emotional pleasure
- Increased intimacy and closeness
- Better and deeper sleep
- Physical exercise
- A sexually satisfied and content partner
- Improved mood (from the release of endorphins)
- Quality couple-time
- Sexual satisfaction
- Boosted self-esteem
- Stress-relief and relaxation
- Reduced aches and pains (through the release of endorphins)
- Fun and playfulness
- Feeling loved and accepted
- Opportunity to let go and experiment
- Enhanced spirituality
- Increased immune function
Would you add anything to the list?
Dr. Alice Hucker